Ras Al Khaimah Aquathlon
Junior Super Sprint | Super Sprint | Sprint | Olympic
Start Time: 8am
About the Race
Swim and Run your way around Al Marjan Island in the inaugural RAK Aquathlon starting and finishing at the DoubleTree by Hilton Resort & Spa!
Organised by Super Sports Events in association with RAKTDA, the race will start with a swim in the calm waters of the hotels pristine beach and finish with a run on the designated running track just meters away from the water’s edge with stunning ocean views!
Only an hour’s drive from Dubai, the course will be flat and fast so perfect for beginners to advanced levels, include Olympic, Sprint, Super Sprint and Junior Super Sprint distances, all ages and abilities & relay teams of 2 athletes are welcome to participate.
Make a weekend of it and book your staycation soon!
Event Co Sponsors
- Keep a 2m social distance at all times.
- Wear a disposable mask till just before you start and once you finished a new one will be given to you.
- Stay in the Race Village area till your distance is called to the Start Area.
- No gatherings / hugging / touching / group photos etc.
- Any participants not observing any of the above rules will be disqualified without a warning!
Where to enter
Premier Online is Super Sports’ preferred registration partner. We always recommend purchasing the Protect Your Fee option when registering for any event through Premier Online.
Protect Your Fee ensures you receive a full refund no matter what the reason for cancelation, refunds are processed as per the terms and conditions stated on PremierOnline.com
Entry Fee & Refund Policy
- Adults (19yrs & over): AED200
- Juniors (18yrs & under): AED150
- Relay: AED150
- Discounts are offered for families of 3 or more consisting of parents and children. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the family discount code.
- There is NO on the day registration.
- Any participants canceling their participation after the closing date or if the race sells out or who is a “no-show” on the day of the race will not receive a refund.
- Participants canceling their entry before the closing date will have their entry carried over to the next race date.
- In the unfortunate event of the race having to have to be postponed/canceled due to COVID restrictions/weather/venue issues, the credit/refund policy of online entries through online entry providers will apply or you can have your entry carried over to any other Super Sports organized race.
Entry Fee Includes:
- Electronic Timing
- Swim cap
- Race Branded Shirt
- Finishers Medal
- Downloadable Certificate
- Fruits and Refreshments
Race Pack Collection
- On the Day Collection
- On the morning of the race at Race Check In which opens at 7am – outside in the Race Village.
- Race numbers will be emailed to all runners and will also be on show at Race Check In on the morning of the race.
- Once you know your race number, proceed directly to your respective Timing Chip and Bib collection desk and collect your Timing Chip and Bib #. Safety pins will be provided in your envelope.
- Please check that all your data which is printed on the label of the race pack envelope is correct. This includes your name, age category, gender and distance and in the event of there being any errors, please let our registration staff know so we can change it for you, so you have the correct result when finishing the race.
- Once you have done that, stay in the Race Village and wait for the race briefing from our Race Director – Warren.
Race Day Program
Be checked in at least 30 minutes before the start of the race. There is NO on the day registration.
07h00 Race Check In Opens, Transition Set Up and Warm Up
07h45 Race Briefings start per distance
08h00 Start – Super Sprint
08h05 Start – Junior Super Sprint
08h15 Start – Olympic and Sprint
10h30 Cut off time for all distances
THERE IS NO BAG DROP!
Race Distances & Age Groups
Age Groups are determined as per your age on race day – so however old you are on that day is the age group you will be racing in.
JUNIOR SUPER SPRINT
180m Swim – 1.25km Run
0 – 8 years | 9 – 12 years | Relay
375m Swim – 2.5km Run
0 – 18 years | 19 years+ | Relay
750m Swim – 5km Run
0 – 18 years | 19 – 29 years | 30 – 39 years | 40 – 49 years | 50+ years | Relay
1.5km Swim – 10km Run
0 – 18 years | 19 – 29 years | 30 – 39 years | 40 – 49 years | 50+ years | Relay
- All swimmers to wear swim caps supplied by sponsor out of respect for them sponsoring the race and also for identification and safety reasons.
- WETSUITS allowed for this race.
- The swim direction will be in an anti-clockwise direction from the start.
- Junior Super Sprint will complete a 180m swim straight line swim out and back see swim course map
- Super Sprint will complete a 375m swim see swim course map
- Sprint will complete a 1 lap 750m swim see swim course map
- Olympic will complete 2 laps of a 750m swim course see swim course map
- All swimmers will need to pass through the “GATE” in order to finish a lap and also when exiting the water to the transition area. No need to exit the water to complete a lap – just keep swimming.
- Any swimmer wearing any artificial propulsion device, including but not limited to fins, gloves, paddles, or floating devices of any kind shall be disqualified.
- Swimmers may use any stroke to propel themselves through the water and may tread water or float.
- A participant may stand on the bottom or rest by holding an inanimate object such as a buoy, boat, rope or floating object.
- A swimmer experiencing difficulty and in need of assistance must raise an arm overhead, pump it up and down and call or seek assistance.
- Swimmers who have received assistance whether voluntary or involuntary, must retire and withdraw from the remainder of the race, unless such assistance did not aid the swimmer in making forward progress.
- No swimmer shall return to the race if the official rendering assistance requests that the participant withdraws from the race or receive medical assistance.
- Running will be in an anti clockwise direction so all athletes need to stay on the left hand side of the running track.
- There will be 3 turning points on the track. One point at 630m for Junior
Super Sprint, 1.25km for SUPER SPRINT (SS) only and another at
2.5km for Sprint and Olympic (S/O). Make sure you turn at the correct
- Junior Super Sprint will complete 1 lap of attached course = 1.25km
- Super Sprint will complete 1 lap of attached course = 2.5km
- Sprint will complete 1 lap of attached course = 5km
- Olympic will complete 2 laps of attached course = 10km
- Before exiting transition, your race number has to be facing away from your body and on the front side of your body, waist height.
- Your upper body must be covered at all times on the run portion of the race.
- Shoes are compulsory.
- No form of locomotion other than running, walking or crawling is allowed.
- 2 Water stations will be provided on the course.
These need to be returned to the organizers once you have finished the race and will be collected from you once you exit the finish chute.
Bring a Race Belt to attach your number too as this needs to be visible in different positions throughout the race and will save you time in not having to have to pin it in different positions during the bike and run legs.
It would be advisable to buy these belts before race day and figure out how they work.
- This will be included in your Race Pack and to be worn on your LEFT ankle with the number facing outward at all times during the race.
- Once finished racing, chips will be collected from you at the exit of the finish area or if need be, handed back by you.
- Make sure the chip is fastened tightly so that it does not move or change position during the race. (TIP: If the velcro strap is not long / tight enough, use a safety pin to adjust the length to keep the strap / chip in place and tight on your leg)
- Your final time for the race will be taken when crossing under the Super Sports arch after the run leg of the race.
- Split and finish times for all legs will be available.
- Champion Chips will not work on our timing system so ensure you use the timing chip supplied to you by the organizers.
IF YOU COMPETE WITH NO CHIP – YOU WILL RECEIVE NO TIME AND NO RESULT !
Closes 07h45 – all distances
Opens 10h30 – all distances
- Once the race has started, only racing and relay team athletes will be allowed in to the Transition area .
- This is to avoid over crowding, for safety reasons and to give everyone a fair chance to transition without extra people being in the way.
- No bags will be allowed to be left in Transition – only the equipment needed for each leg.
- If you do have extra bags etc., please leave them on the pavement perimeter near transition so once you finish the race you can easily access them by not actually entering the transition area.
Please inform your supporters that they are NOT Allowed in Transition!
- Relay teams may consist of 2 different athletes and may be comprised of boys / girls / males / females.
- Teams participating in the race must enter all team members in order to receive your race number.
- All relay team members must ensure that they are all the correct age for the respective event or final results will be according to oldest person’s age category.
SWIMMER – starts at waters edge
RUNNER – waits at the exit of transition by the RUN OUT banner
- All relay teams will need to “TAG” their teammate at these respective points by handing over their teams timing chip in order for their team mate to start their leg of the race.
- All Relay Team members will be allowed to cross the finish line at the same time as the runner for their finish line photo, so swimmer can join the runner at the start of the finish area.
When crossing the finish line, please keep moving through the finish chute and then you will receive your finishers medal.
- These will be supplied by the organisers and feature at 3 x water stations out on the run course: 500m, 1.25km and 2km and vice versa for on the way back and 1 at the finish line.
- Finish line will stock apples and bananas as well as rehydration drinks.
TOILETS are available in the car park area as well as at the hotel.
AMBULANCE AND PARAMEDIC SERVICES will be on site and in the event of any athletes being in trouble, please inform the closest race marshal / lifeguard to call for assistance.
End of Race Procedures
- When crossing the finish line, please keep moving through the finish chute then you will receive your finishers medal and immediately put on your face mask.
- Make sure to wear your mask once you have finished.
- Scan the QR codes to see your result.
- Return your race number and timing chip to designated marshal or collection box.
- Prize Giving will follow as soon as possible once all athletes are finished.
- Please scan the QR codes in the Race Village to view your result once you have finished.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, per Age Group and Gender will be awarded per race Trophies will be awarded to top 3 Overall respective distance winners.
- You cannot win an overall prize and your age group prize.
- Full results will be on the Super Sports website as soon as possible at www.supersportsuae.com.
- Prize winners will be able to collect their trophy or medal on Race Day as soon as all results have been verified.
- If you did not collect it from us on Race Day, please let us know when you would like to collect it at a future Super Sports events by emailing email@example.com.
- Trophies and vouchers will be awarded to the top 3 male and females for the respective distances.
- Medals will be awarded to the top 3 male and females for the respective distance age groups.
- Overall winners will not be included in age group prizes so we can spread the prizes out amongst more people.
- Remember to smile at the camera man, give them a smile or a thumbs up, especially when you cross the finish line.
- Photos can be found on your results page by clicking on the CAMERA icon and then doing a bib or selfie search.
- Photos will be available 72 hours after the race has finished.
Race Numbers will be available 36 hours before Race Day so please check back then!